Delphi Digital is a research-driven firm dedicated to advancing the understanding and development of the growing crypto market. Our foundations lie in producing institutional-grade research for some of crypto’s top funds, institutions, and investors. Through Delphi Labs, our team is changing the landscape of crypto top projects in the space such as Aave, Axie Infinity, Compound, Thorchain, Synthetix, and many more to model, optimize and redesign their crypto-economics. And with Delphi Ventures, a long-term oriented, fundamentals focused VC fund; we seek to identify and invest in the most promising projects in the space.
We're seeking an experienced Senior Data Engineer to work alongside our data engineers in helping us build and maintain data pipelines, manipulate data in motion and data at rest. As a senior data engineer, you will have the opportunity to help define systems architecture and team processes.
The ideal candidate will have experience extracting blockchain data and managing data integrity. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced start-up like environment and want to invent the future.
Here are some real examples of the work we've done lately that might help you get a better understanding of what this role looks like:
- Defined an information architecture for our data platform
- Built an ETL process for capturing EVM on-chain data and storing it for analysis
- Made enhancements to our custom python backend (Pythia)
- Built data sets from disparate sources including GraphQL, REST APIs, etc.
- Built data pipeline standards so the rest of the team can replicate them
- Created CI/CD, data transformation and quality processes
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Perform code reviews and mentor other developers
- Execute full development life cycle
- Be able to take data products from ideation to deployment
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain scalable Data Engineering pipelines
- Highly motivated, collaborative, action-oriented, able to lead and to take direction
- You understand how to build secure and scalable architectures capable of ingesting and operating on millions of rows of data
- Experience with workflow management platforms such as Apache Airflow
- Knowledge of ETL processes
- Experience with the complete SDLC (e.g., planning, design, testing, releases, etc.)
- Ability to write efficient, secure, well-documented, and maintainable code
- Understand DeFi, NFT and cryptocurrencies
- Experience with CI/CD methodology and practices
- Familiar with Python pandas dataframes, data collecting processes, data quality, and testing frameworks.
- Experience with distributed systems and big data technologies
- Familiar with Apache Airflow for DAG creation and management
- Experience with GraphQL and REST API
- Experience with Dune Analytics or similar
- Able to manage your own work and collaborate
- Proficiency with SQL
- Experience with dbt for SQL transformations
- Have some experience with Cloud Infrastructure
- Object Storage
- Cloud Database(s)
- API hosting
- Visualization tools
- Stream messaging
- Stream processing
Benefits & Compensation:
- Flexible schedule: You’ll be able to work remotely and manage your own time. As long as your core responsibilities are met, your schedule is what you make of it. We strongly believe a proper balance between work and free time allows for creativity and innovation to thrive.
- Compensation: Competitive compensation package with potential equity and bonus upside
- Medical Benefits: Healthcare insurance stipend to cover medical, dental, vision, and prescription medication costs
- Parental leave: Up to 24 weeks of time off as maternity leave and 12 weeks of time off as paternity leave
- Wellness Budget: Delphi Digital takes employee wellness and mental health seriously and encourages all employees to proactively invest in their well-being and provides up to $1,500 annually to cover wellness services and subscriptions. All team members also have access to an in-house organizational psychologist free of charge.
- Technology/Workspace budget: Up to $4000 to help build your work-from-home setup.
- Other benefits: Fully paid tropical team retreat to meet the team in person (We flew our worldwide team down to Portugal last year!)
How to apply:
Attach your resume and cover letter, use your cover letter to describe why you are the perfect candidate for this position. Include any relevant experience that speaks directly to this position.