Delphi Digital is a research-driven firm dedicated to advancing the understanding and development of the growing digital asset market. Our foundations lie in producing institutional-grade research for some of crypto’s top funds, institutions, and investors. Delphi’s goal is to continue to drive the crypto asset space forward by investing both financial and intellectual capital into projects, and participating actively to help shape the ecosystems we believe in.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the intersection of crypto and gaming, as well as peripheral implementations across virtual worlds and environments broadly. Your mission, with the support of a veteran multidisciplinary research team, will be to uncover unique insights about the gaming sector through the lense of crypto. Importantly, this is not solely limited to a crypto gaming focus, as we firmly believe that there are many lessons to be learned from the evolution of video games over the last 20+ years, with a particular focus on monetization models and game economies.
The right candidate must be confident working autonomously, have high accountability, strong communication skills, and a burning passion for both the gaming and crypto industries. We are looking for someone who lives and breathes virtual worlds, and is ready to shape the next chapter for this sector.
- Thesis & Research: independently build expertise around exciting trends to uncover proprietary information, differentiated opinions, and inform prospective investment opportunities
- Process Optimization: proactively work with the research team to build a workflow that allows you to perform optimally.
- Network Expansion: continue to build the Delphi hivemind’s network into exciting new territories, in both traditional gaming as well the crypto sector.
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Ambition and grit; demonstrated willingness to go the extra mile in uncovering new opportunities
- Deeply versed in video games and interactive entertainment more broadly. Many of our proposed content pieces will be “top of funnel”, and skew more towards the traditional gaming sector
- Robust understanding of the blockchain space, with a particular depth in gaming & metaverse sectors, but also fundamental knowledge of synergistic sectors like DAOs, NFTs, and DeFi
- 12+ months of relevant experience, which can include research, investments, or operations experience, including as active governance participants or community contributors, within web3 projects
- Comfortable working with crypto data providers such as Nansen, Nonfungibles, DappRadar. Ability to execute custom data queries to build dashboards via platforms like Dune Analytics is a major plus
- Strategic mindset with sharp quantitative and analytical thinking as well as great attention to detail: analytical, fact-driven yet pragmatic working style
- Autonomous working style, as well as the ability to synthesize and present complex data, while getting operational and working “hands-on”
- Strong financial modeling and research skills
- Team-oriented attitude and familiarity and passion for working in distributed teams and in remote working environments
- Language Skills: Fluent English, both spoken and written
- Location: Global, Western Hemisphere preferred
- Earliest starting date: Q3 2022
- Candidates will be asked to submit a 3-6 page research report on either a topic, traditional video game, or crypto gaming project of their choice
Benefits & Compensation:
- Flexible schedule: You’ll be able to work remotely and manage your own time. As long as your core responsibilities are met, your schedule is what you make of it. We strongly believe a proper balance between work and free time allows for creativity and innovation to thrive.
- Compensation: Competitive compensation package with potential equity and bonus upside
- Medical Benefits: Healthcare insurance stipend to cover medical, dental, vision, and prescription medication costs
- Parental leave: Up to 24 weeks of time off as maternity leave and 12 weeks of time off as paternity leave
- Wellness: Delphi Digital takes employee wellness and mental health seriously and encourages all employees to proactively invest in their well-being and provide up to $500 annually to cover wellness services. All team members also have access to an in-house organizational psychologist free of charge. While we have an unlimited vacation policy, we recommend taking a minimum of 16 days of mandatory time off annually to focus on mental and physical well-being.
- Technology/Workspace budget: Up to $4000 to help build your work-from-home setup.
- Other benefits: Fully paid tropical team retreat to meet the team in person (We flew our worldwide team down to Portugal last year!)
- Impact: You will have the opportunity to work with ambitious projects that will have a meaningful impact in advancing the future of the industry.
- Autonomy: While you’ll benefit from the Delphi brand and resources, you’ll have strong autonomy in building your team and leading your project.
- Learning: You’ll benefit from the cumulative knowledge base of Delphi’s 130+ person team as well as our portfolio companies and extended network. The only limit to your rate of learning will be your own initiative.